Hi, name’s Walters…it’s been a while hasn’t it?
Not going to BS you guys or anything: I just haven’t made time to write about Fire Emblem. Like, at all. I’m sincerely hoping that changes next year. My plan is to resume this blog sometime in early January (think like January 8 or 9th). After all, next year is when we’ll get that brand new Fire Emblem for the Switch. Will definitely look to play that.
I also want to do a project involving all the Fire Emblems I’ve played. When I will do that, I have no idea.
Until then, I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.
“I’ll be back!!!” drawn by a cool person not named me. I hope she is well.
At 11:30PM EST, we are finally gonna get some news on Fire Emblem Heroes. Aside from CYL and future Grand Hero Battles, what do you expect from tonight’s stream? What do you hope? Also, after the stream is over, feel free to use this as a thread to discuss the game and what’s been added.
UPDATE: (SPOILERS) LILITH, NOOOOOOOOOO! YOU DIDN’T DIE TO COME BACK FOR THIS!!!!
A.K.A my strategy on beating Berkut in the Grand Hero Battle. Also cheating of course. Continue reading
(Included the Japanese Trailer because I’m nice)
Guess I’m back with some thoughts on Fire Emblem Warriors! Specifically, the trailer they released for Japan Expo in France over the weekend.
From being weary of using Mages to missing characters, I’ve seen a number of people playing Fire Emblem Echoes and making a few mistakes! Let’s fix that problem by sharing some advice based on what I’ve picked up throughout the game.
Posted in FE 15: Shadows of Valentia
- Tagged Alm, Celica, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Advice, Fire Emblem Echoes, fire emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valencia, Fire Emblem Growth Rates are trash, Fire Emblem Strategy, Intelligent Systems, Mages are the bane of my existence, Nintendo
- Saying that the roster had to be locked to mostly characters from the most popular games of their respective times (Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates) because Fire Emblem could potentially have “Too many sword users” or something to that effect, then revealing already seven sword wielders in the main cast you play as (the original characters, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Marth, and Corrin) is extremely hypocritical at the moment. This is simply careless to say when you decide to make that type of reveal that most figured out when the Switch Presentation took place in January.
Ok, I’m mixing a bit of sarcasm and some seriousness into that diatribe. While I do think it’s much to make that type of statement, the reveal of the characters from FE are not a surprise. When E3 rolled around, I might have liked a surprise or two, but ultimately Koei Tecmo’s had to reveal how those characters you hinted at look in HD.
- So I’m admittedly baffled at the dismay from people in the community. Disappointment is perfectly fine, and there can be critique of the game itself and whether or not it’s being handled well. But comments like, “This game sucks” “It only uses the three worst games in the franchise” or “Not buying this game because Fates and Awakening are cancer” and many more out there a lot worse than this is pretty pathetic. There are only 7 characters revealed in this game right now.
- I can only think it’s just my age showing here, but, isn’t patience a good thing now? The last thing I want to do is criticize a game where we’ve seen maybe 30-40% of the build (might even be less than that), then when more information slowly tricks out it actually looks like the FE Warriors game I wanted.
- Anyways, it sucks that there’s this type of aggressive anger over this. How can anyone get into this franchise with this type of policing? Well, I’ll tell you this — chill out with that. I need my Genealogy of the Holy War remake damnit, and I refuse to let gatekeepers gatekeep!
…speaking of remakes I have been playing Fire Emblem Echoes. (In case the backgrounds hasn’t informed you). This is the first FE game where I’ve essentially taken my time beating the game (Normal/Classic). Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I’ll have to get back to you on that.
Anyways, are you still looking forward to FE Warriors? For those who do have some issues with it, can you share why?