Well, actually, the site was officially born on March 18, 2013. However, the very first post was on March 25, 2013.
Man, has it been a wild ride since. And there’s only one thing to do about it: say thanks.
- I want to thank Fire Emblem: Awakening for inspiring me to start this blog. I may or may not have had thoughts about doing this before, but Awakening was the game that told me, “Stop waffling and start the blog! What’s the worst that can happen?” And so I started it. With my experience in the netherworlds of the internet on my back, I had a plan. It worked out way better than I could have imagined.
- I want to thank Genealogy of The Holy War and Thracia 776, two games I’ve never actually played. However, just from seeing the videos on Youtube and people talk about it, I felt like that those games, which in general (and along with Gaiden) are the only games in worlds I have yet to explore, would be games I’d love. Maybe one day Intelligent Systems will do a remake of FE4 and FE5, and I will play it endlessly. Maybe they won’t. Maybe when I get a superior PC I’ll finally play the game on an emulator. Whatever the case, I wanted to respect the two games somehow. Having them as the domain url was one of the ways.
- I want to give thanks to a few bloggers: Cary, Zigfried, & LadyCroft. These bloggers helped me out just a little bit, whether it was answering some of my questions or even doing a guest post on their site. I’m also certain there have been more people who have helped me out, but they’re no longer around anymore. Things manage to change over a calendar year.
- That’s also why I want to give a special thanks to two readers: Strykerclaw96 and gunlord500. After a decent stretch where I had been producing content on a consistent basis, I soon became inconsistent. Life took over and with no new FE game *looks at SMT x FE* on the horizon, there’s not much to post about. And yes, sometimes I’ve gotten lazy. But these two have managed to still stick around. I don’t know if you guys are crazy or you have no life, but whatever the case, thanks for putting up with me all this time. Y’all are awesome.
- But of course, I would not have had some fun without every other reader here. Even some past ones. Just look at some of these threads. Well, there’s more, but linking to all of them’s no fun. Whatever the case, even I couldn’t have forseen what would happen, and they all provided their entertainment, one way or another. But the only way it could have happened was because of the people who stopped by. So first time readers and occasional readers or long-time readers, it doesn’t matter. Thank you for contributing to FIRRREEEE EMMMMBLEMMM!
So, I don’t really know what the future holds for this site. There’s stuff IRL I gotta deal with, then there’s the future of FE in general. It seems like it’s an important franchise to Nintendo, and with Awakening saving it essentially, more will come down the road. That means there’ll be more to talk about. But I do want to talk about the past a bit, and indulge in the games that never came over here. Even if I don’t play them. But will I be able to cover them properly? I did have someone who wanted to join the site, but she only did one post and that was it. I wouldn’t mind having another writer or two over to blog Fire Emblem stuff, especially when I’m always away. But you worry about losing control, or something like that I guess.
Well, whatever the case, that’s something I don’t have to worry about too hard. All I know is that this blog is still around, I’m still around. And I hope you guys will stick around too.