Yes it’s not 2020 at all, and there could be a new Fire Emblem game or spinoff announced for 2020. BUT with Three Houses’ release and DLC coming down the line for it, I feel it’s safe to say this decade of Fire Emblem has wrapped up. Guess that means it’s time to take a look back at one of the most harrowing but most successful decade for the tactical RPG franchise.
The Numbers (13)
Remakes: New Mystery of the Emblem, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Mainline Games: Awakening, Fates, Three Houses
Spinoffs: Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors
Misc: Super Smash Bros (Wii U, Ultimate), Fire Emblem: Cipher, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M, Project X Zone 2
Posted in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M, FE 12: Shin Monshou no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu, FE 13: Awakening, FE 14: Fates, FE 16: Three Houses, Fire Emblem Cipher TCG, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors, Project X Zone 2: Brave New World, Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
- Tagged Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem History, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, what a journey for Fire Emblem
(Included the Japanese Trailer because I’m nice)
Guess I’m back with some thoughts on Fire Emblem Warriors! Specifically, the trailer they released for Japan Expo in France over the weekend.
- Saying that the roster had to be locked to mostly characters from the most popular games of their respective times (Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates) because Fire Emblem could potentially have “Too many sword users” or something to that effect, then revealing already seven sword wielders in the main cast you play as (the original characters, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Marth, and Corrin) is extremely hypocritical at the moment. This is simply careless to say when you decide to make that type of reveal that most figured out when the Switch Presentation took place in January.
Ok, I’m mixing a bit of sarcasm and some seriousness into that diatribe. While I do think it’s much to make that type of statement, the reveal of the characters from FE are not a surprise. When E3 rolled around, I might have liked a surprise or two, but ultimately Koei Tecmo’s had to reveal how those characters you hinted at look in HD.
- So I’m admittedly baffled at the dismay from people in the community. Disappointment is perfectly fine, and there can be critique of the game itself and whether or not it’s being handled well. But comments like, “This game sucks” “It only uses the three worst games in the franchise” or “Not buying this game because Fates and Awakening are cancer” and many more out there a lot worse than this is pretty pathetic. There are only 7 characters revealed in this game right now.
- I can only think it’s just my age showing here, but, isn’t patience a good thing now? The last thing I want to do is criticize a game where we’ve seen maybe 30-40% of the build (might even be less than that), then when more information slowly tricks out it actually looks like the FE Warriors game I wanted.
- Anyways, it sucks that there’s this type of aggressive anger over this. How can anyone get into this franchise with this type of policing? Well, I’ll tell you this — chill out with that. I need my Genealogy of the Holy War remake damnit, and I refuse to let gatekeepers gatekeep!
…speaking of remakes I have been playing Fire Emblem Echoes. (In case the backgrounds hasn’t informed you). This is the first FE game where I’ve essentially taken my time beating the game (Normal/Classic). Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I’ll have to get back to you on that.
Anyways, are you still looking forward to FE Warriors? For those who do have some issues with it, can you share why?
So when it was revealed last week that Fire Emblem Warriors was a thing, we got a very small teaser. This was a bit more than that, as it showed Chrom fighting off enemies and man does it feel weird for FE to be this type of 3D.
But anyways, the two biggest surprises is that it’s gonna be coming out sometime in the Fall, and there’s gonna be a New 3Ds version of this. I dunno about the 3Ds version, but I guess it makes sense. People still have that, no?
Look out for some roster predictions in the near future.
The newest year of gaming for Fire Emblem kicks off with what is a surprise in timing, not that it happened: Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo Switch. No release date yet, and it’s a teaser, but oh man was I hyped.
From what I could tell from the orbs I immediately recognized both Falchions (Awakening and Shadow Dragon), and the Yato. Will have to watch it again to see what the other two were (update, watched it again, definitely Ryoma and Xander’s swords) but if so, then it’s confirmed:
Corrin (both genders)
Now the question is…who will join them!?? Will hope to make a list of characters from each continent that should be in this game over the next couple of weeks. It will probably be from the more famous titles, but still too early to say right now. We’ll have to see more.
But I’m excited, as this has been requested for a long time now. What do you guys think about this news?