- Saying that the roster had to be locked to mostly characters from the most popular games of their respective times (Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates) because Fire Emblem could potentially have “Too many sword users” or something to that effect, then revealing already seven sword wielders in the main cast you play as (the original characters, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Marth, and Corrin) is extremely hypocritical at the moment. This is simply careless to say when you decide to make that type of reveal that most figured out when the Switch Presentation took place in January.
Ok, I’m mixing a bit of sarcasm and some seriousness into that diatribe. While I do think it’s much to make that type of statement, the reveal of the characters from FE are not a surprise. When E3 rolled around, I might have liked a surprise or two, but ultimately Koei Tecmo’s had to reveal how those characters you hinted at look in HD.
- So I’m admittedly baffled at the dismay from people in the community. Disappointment is perfectly fine, and there can be critique of the game itself and whether or not it’s being handled well. But comments like, “This game sucks” “It only uses the three worst games in the franchise” or “Not buying this game because Fates and Awakening are cancer” and many more out there a lot worse than this is pretty pathetic. There are only 7 characters revealed in this game right now.
- I can only think it’s just my age showing here, but, isn’t patience a good thing now? The last thing I want to do is criticize a game where we’ve seen maybe 30-40% of the build (might even be less than that), then when more information slowly tricks out it actually looks like the FE Warriors game I wanted.
- Anyways, it sucks that there’s this type of aggressive anger over this. How can anyone get into this franchise with this type of policing? Well, I’ll tell you this — chill out with that. I need my Genealogy of the Holy War remake damnit, and I refuse to let gatekeepers gatekeep!
…speaking of remakes I have been playing Fire Emblem Echoes. (In case the backgrounds hasn’t informed you). This is the first FE game where I’ve essentially taken my time beating the game (Normal/Classic). Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I’ll have to get back to you on that.
Anyways, are you still looking forward to FE Warriors? For those who do have some issues with it, can you share why?
So when it was revealed last week that Fire Emblem Warriors was a thing, we got a very small teaser. This was a bit more than that, as it showed Chrom fighting off enemies and man does it feel weird for FE to be this type of 3D.
But anyways, the two biggest surprises is that it’s gonna be coming out sometime in the Fall, and there’s gonna be a New 3Ds version of this. I dunno about the 3Ds version, but I guess it makes sense. People still have that, no?
Look out for some roster predictions in the near future.
The Fire Emblem Direct is tomorrow. At 5PM EST. Focused on upcoming Fire Emblem titles.
Ok, shrieking aside, this is a pretty important direct, since it’s expected to showcase some stuff for the future. I can’t exactly know what they will share with the public, but I can guess.
But I’m actually saving my hopes for the end. Now think of this post like the Kickstarter model, but convert the money into time. That’s what I’m doing — however lengthy the direct is, that’s what will be revealed. The shortest direct of an individual game is 6 minutes (The Pokemon Sun and Moon reveal direct), the absolute longest is 39 minutes (Super Smash Bros direct April 2014). Ignoring that Smash is a crossover though, the longest non-crossover was Bayonetta 2 at 30 minutes.
So ascribing to this model, what could possibly be announced in this span of time?
Posted in Fire Emblem
- Tagged Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem 15, Fire Emblem Direct, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Games, Gaming, Marth, Nintendo Direct, Nintendo Direct Predictions, Roy, Tellius, video games
The newest year of gaming for Fire Emblem kicks off with what is a surprise in timing, not that it happened: Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo Switch. No release date yet, and it’s a teaser, but oh man was I hyped.
From what I could tell from the orbs I immediately recognized both Falchions (Awakening and Shadow Dragon), and the Yato. Will have to watch it again to see what the other two were (update, watched it again, definitely Ryoma and Xander’s swords) but if so, then it’s confirmed:
Corrin (both genders)
Now the question is…who will join them!?? Will hope to make a list of characters from each continent that should be in this game over the next couple of weeks. It will probably be from the more famous titles, but still too early to say right now. We’ll have to see more.
But I’m excited, as this has been requested for a long time now. What do you guys think about this news?